Happy New Year! 🙂
Every new year presents an opportunity to learn from the previous year and to try out new things to become a better teacher and leader in education. I recommend that you try out the following actions if you haven’t tried them.
2. Utilize brain based principles in your class. It will help your students learn better and you get to enjoy your classes more.
3. Your classroom is not a class just for extroverts. Learn how to deal with introverted students.
5. Do personal development. With the evolution of MOOC, it’s crazy not to learn online with the different courses related to teaching. Try out Coursera for starters.
7. Read education books. As a teacher, learning is eternal.
8. Learn how to develop critical thinking in kids. Exams are not exactly the best way to do that.
9. Hustle. Teach to your best capability. Continue to grow and develop as an educator.
10. Learn to motivate your students. Motivated students learn better.
Your turn, what are the things you’ll try out this new year? Share them in the comments below.