It is the talk of the town and center of media attention. The impeachment case against Supreme Chief Justice Corona has citizens abuzz with opinions either for or against this issue. Moreover, this single current event can inspire a wealth of teaching ideas.
Below is a rundown of classroom activities related to the impeachment case which can be used as springboard for classroom discussion from the elementary to the college classroom.
Reading and Language
2. Fact vs. Opinion
3. Reading about the life of Chief Justice Corona (or any influential figure)
4. Writing a persuasive essay
5. Analyzing different propaganda devices
7. Reading about the lives of the senators
8. Reading about impeachment cases throughout the world
9. Main Idea and Supporting Details
1. Money and Interest
2. Statistics- conducting a survey (regarding the impeachment)
3. creating timelines
1. Branches of Government
2. Concept of Check and Balance
3. Rights and Duties of Government Officials
4. Filing Saln
6. Power of Corporations
7. researching about the life of the senators
8. Bank Laws
9. Land Registration
10. Role of Register of Deeds
12. Public Officials and Accountability
1. Searching for the Truth
2. Prayer in times of National Crisis
3. The Stand of the Church in Political Crisis throughout the Years
5. Courtesy and Respect
Science and Technology
1. History of Technology in Delivering News
2. Computer-Generated Land Registration Titles
The key to a significant and relevant learning is to ensure that there is a smooth transition from the discussion on the impeachment case to these activities. When this is done, these classroom activities will definitely be a big hit.
Do you have any teaching ideas wherein you can tap the impeachment trial as a springboard? Share them in the comments below 🙂
Please share, tweet, G+ this post to your fellow teachers!